Another beautiful day on the Forgotten Coast of Florida in January. A bit brisk for Florida but nothing to mention compared with anything North of here!
We stayed around the campground today since we will not have the truck back until the day after tomorrow. It was nice to have an excuse to do little to nothing…just read, look out the window, watch some TV, look out the window, and cook a bit.
We had Vegetarian Jambalaya for dinner, adapted from some recipes online. It was very good. The Bearded One and I both enjoyed it, especially you like things with a bit of spice!
- small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or reconstituted dry shiitake mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cups stock
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain or brown rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute the onion, celery, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, stock, rice, soy sauce, parsley, salt, paprika, cayenne, chili powder and pepper.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.