The elder daughter is a bit better today. Things are looking up for her and her family existing independently soon. We will see how things progress. We are planning on working on some meals to freeze over the next couple of days for the more difficult days.
The Bearded One and I returned to our hotel room earlier than we have in the past couple of days to give the family a bit of time to themselves and to enjoy some “down time”. We have a mini kitchen in the room since I prefer to cook our dinner even when we are travelling. We have a stove top and microwave but no oven. I was hungry for eggplant and did a search for microwave eggplant. I decided to try it but had low expectations.
It was very good. Not like olive oil infused fried and then baked Eggplant Parmesan, but downright tasty. I would fix this at home, even with an oven available!
- 1 lb Eggplant
- 1 egg
- 1 c Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 3/4 c Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 c shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 T Parmesan Cheese
1. The microwave eliminates having to fry the eggplant to make this dish. Peel eggplant; cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
2. In shallow bowl, beat egg with milk. Spread bread crumbs in shallow plate. dip eggplant slices into egg mixture then into crumbs to coat well.
3. Arrange half of the eggplant in 10-inch microwaveable plate lined with paper towels.
4. Microwave, uncovered, at High for about 4 minutes or until tender, rearranging slices once halfway through cooking time.
5. Repeat with remaining eggplant.
6. Spread 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce in 8-inch square microwaveable baking dish.
7. Layer half of the eggplant, half of the mozzarella and half of the remaining spaghetti sauce in dish; repeat layers.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Microwave, covered, at High for about 4 minutes or just until hot.
9. Rotate dish; microwave at Medium (50%) covered, for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbling, rotating dish once halfway through cooking time.
10. Let stand covered, for 5 minutes.
- Eggplant Parmesan (staceyarcher.wordpress.com)
- Modern Eggplant Parmesan (atable4you.wordpress.com)
- Gluten-Free Eggplant Parmesan Stacks…. (rollinoatstampa.com)