Things I think I have learned from being a Mother and having a Mother…
1. Hug your family often. They will not be with your forever.
2. Whatever you are irritated or downright pissed about probably does not matter in the long run. Let it go.
3. Let your children breathe and live their own lives (even when you want to scoop them back under your wing). This rule continues long after they have left the nest.
4. Play. The joys in life are fleeting and too easily overturned by the easily uttered negatives. Smile, play, love as often as you can.
5. Be a haven of stability. No matter what, let your family know they can rely on you.
6. Cook and eat together. Nourishing one another and sharing the result is a wonderful gift for all.
7. Do the right thing. Your kids will remember your integrity and loyalty. They will be led by your example.
8. When in doubt, go with your gut. But when your gut has led you astray, say you are sorry. Even Moms are human.
Ultimately, just love your family…easy to do.