The garden is almost completely planted. Not because we are out of seeds but we are nearly out of space. Lima beans, okra and cucumber seeds were planted today. We still need to plant green beans, leeks, summer and winter squash…and any bit of something we might want to squeeze in. The Bearded One would like to plant corn…but that takes lots of room…that we do not have. Maybe at the campsite?
It was the community garage sale day in the next town. He wanted to look for books…much harder to find non-fiction books second hand than fiction. Now that I am using the Kindle and getting many free or very low cost books I am not tempted to look. I also have enough STUFF so I do not want to look.
SO, I sat in the truck and read my Kindle while The Bearded One bought some books and some videos. He enjoyed it. I relaxed. All was well.
We had Stuffed Pork Chops for dinner. It is our one Beef or Pork day each week.
After dinner I worked a bit on the Mustard Painting. Tomorrow is my last art class until fall so my motivation for working on the paintings will ebb.
Here it was a few days ago…
- Veggie Garden 2011 (perennialgardener.wordpress.com)
- Summer Crop Planting Begins! (rockycropfarm.com)
- Vegetable Seeds: When to Plant and How (plantrant.wordpress.com)
- Vegetable planting – 14th May 2011 (philbray.wordpress.com)
- To Kindle or not to Kindle? (earthpal.wordpress.com)