We took the bus and subway into the city today. Remarkably easy and pleasant trip.
We walked to the National Mall. Saw the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument and visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (The Bearded One’s first choice). It was great! We had a wonderful time.
We returned to the campground easily and plan to return to the city tomorrow. My choice th
is time…The American History Museum, a view of the White House, and a visit to the Vietnam Wall.
We could spend some time here visiting things but want to get to warmer weather soon. I can see us returning here again soon though.
- Washington Monument has extensive cracking, chips (msnbc.msn.com)
- Washington, D.C.’s freebies provide fun for family vacations (orbitz.com)
- The Final Destination and Arrival to the North Pole (IV of IV) (familyadventuresonline.com)
- Washington, D.C. as It Might Have Been (neatorama.com)
- Free things to do in Washington, D.C. (orbitz.com)