This is our go-to recipe for salmon. Easy and very tasty. Salmon is not The Bearded One’s favorite fish, but he loves this recipe.
1/2 t brown sugar
1/4 t kosher salt
1/8 t cornstarch
2 salmon fillets
1/2 t oil
glaze (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare the glaze. Season the salmon with pepper. Mix together brown sugar, salt and cornstarch. Rub the mixture onto the flesh side of each salmon fillet.
Heat oil in ovensafe nonstick skillet until just smoking. Cook salmon, flesh side down until well browned, about 1 minute. Flip salmon and cook on skin side for 1 minute.
Remove skillet from heat and spoon glaze over salmon fillets. Transfer skillet to oven and cook until thickest part of fillets registers 125 degrees (7 to 10 minutes). Serve.
1 T hoisin sauce
1 T rice vinegar
1 T catsup
1 T brown sugar
1/2 T soy sauce
1/2 T sesame oil
1 t chili-garlic sauce
1/2 t grated fresh ginger
Stir ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to boil, simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm until use.
- Miso Glazed Salmon (happygoodtime.com)
- Seared Salmon with Balsamic Glaze (wherefloursbloom.wordpress.com)
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon – 3 Ingredients! (thecocinamonologues.com)
- Hoisin glazed salmon with Asian red cabbage slaw (charlotte.news14.com)
- Hyvee: Old Bay Spiced Salmon (fox4kc.com)