This is actually a good replacement for fatty pork sausage. From Recipezaar.com
Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
Recipe #100408 | 15 min | 7 min prep
SERVES 4 -6
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Combine all ingredients (use less pepper if you don’t want a spicy taste) and blend well.
- If time permits, refrigerate overnight to let the meat absorb the flavor of the spices.
- Form into patties and cook as needed, freezing leftovers.
Don’t overcook or they will dry out–remove from the heat as soon as they’re no longer pink inside, but still juicy. (if you prefer a moister texture, you add a splash of olive oil or an egg to the mixture just prior to cooking)