Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno chiles
- salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa in the water. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, cilantro and scallions.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn and chilies.
- Add the cooled quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve cold.