Recipe #176435 from Recipezaar.com
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons black olives, minced
- 2 tablespoons green olives, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 ounces red wine
- parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Sauté onions, garlic, and pepper flakes in the olive oil for about two minutes until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and half of their juices, sugar, wine, fresh parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste,(or anchovies)and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and simmer about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, and adding more reserved juice if it becomes dry. Break up large chunks of tomatoes but please leave a chunky consistency, we’re NOT making spaghetti!
- While this is simmering, prepare spaghetti until done and drain.5
- Sauce should be ready now so combine pasta and sauce and toss well.
- Top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.