- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded, minced (or to taste-can substitute hot sauce or a dash of cayenne for the heat)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (I used red and black beans left over from other meals)
- 3 -5 tablespoons of your favorite chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 taco shells
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- hot sauce
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- black olives
- sour cream
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- In large fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, celery, red or green pepper, jalapeno, and garlic until softened.
- Add garbanzo beans, spices, and a couple tsp of salsa.
- Stir until heated through.
- Heat taco shells according to package instructions.
- Load shells with filling and desired toppings.